Monday, February 14, 2011

a blooming birthday

My brother has a very structured approach for gift giving.  I can always count on him to call me approximately two days before a loved one's birthday to ask about what "we" will be purchasing.  He thinks he is being clever by slyly attaching his name to my heartfelt gift ideas, but he surprised me this year when he attempted to add his own twist to our mother's birthday gift:

 Takeaway: It is easy to get frustrated with men for their laziness, but their idiotic contributions can evoke even more frustration.  Keep in mind that they mean well, and accept it for what it is.

1 comment:

  1. There's a difference between laziness and the total inept male lack of creativity regarding gifts.. Props to your brother for suggesting the matching flowers - I probably wouldn't have thought of that.....

    ReplyDelete